Ah, spring. The time of year to renew and refresh everything from your home to your wardrobe.
There’s nothing like a closet refresh to make you feel good. All winter long, we’re often bogged down by the weather, wearing mostly dark colors and chunky sweaters. When we start looking to warmer days, it’s also when I being to think about how I can also step up my wardrobe.
That’s where Dove and celebrity stylist, Zerina Akers (she’s styled everyone from Beyoncé to Yara Shahidi), come in. Dove deodorant teamed up with Zerina and Fashion Snoops to give women the inside scoop on this year’s trending colors (I see you flirty pink!) and how to keep their clothing white-mark-free with Dove Invisible Dry Spray.
I have personally shifted to using the 48-hour antiperspirant more often and can tell you that it truly doesn’t leave any of those pesky white marks, even on my black tops. Plus, the scent options are incredible — soothing chamomile is a fave.
If you’re looking to refresh your wardrobe this season, here are five tips straight from Zerina:
- What I love about the colors that are trending for 2018 is that they’re bold and vibrant and can liven up any wardrobe. You can make your wardrobe feel new again by mixing some of this season’s bright colors with pieces you already own in last season’s more neutral tones. Invest in some colorful accessories, like fun earrings or silk scarves, to refresh your favorite winter looks.
- Stand out in the workplace or at a party by incorporating key basics in bright, bold colors like royal blue or marigold — they’re great for color blocking! A rule of thumb is to start by picking colors that complement each other.
- When it comes to getting ready, there are some things that you just want to remain invisible. Invest in well-fitting undergarments that won’t show under your clothes, Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant won’t leave those pesky white marks, and fashion tape can help keep everything covered.
- A fail-safe tip for identifying colors that complement each other is to mix warm colors together, like yellow and red or cool colors, like blue and purple. Don’t be afraid to go monochromatic – you can pair lighter and darker versions of the same color such as a bold blue with a pastel blue.
- Elevate your basics with flirty pinks! From blush to fuchsia, pink is now a color of strength. You can incorporate it into your wardrobe not only through clothing, but also with cute accessories like statement necklaces, cross body bags and pumps.